Virtual Classroom for Teachers
Distance learning and digitalization became key elements in education at every level. This 5-days course is meant for teachers interested in developing new ICT solutions in teaching and training.
The programme consists on independent learning and practical training to learn proven tools in a virtual classroom. During the independent learning you have access to the online materials to learn how to use different involvement and presentation tools and bring them to the classroom. You can take time and own pace to follow step-by-step instructions at home.
In-presence training aims to develop practical skills necessary to prepare and conduct training in a virtual classroom. Together with our professional teachers and practitioners we don’t talk about the digital tools but learning-by-doing to obtain skills and confidence for further application.
During the in-presence training we learn virtual classroom tools for communication, design online lessons, prepare engaging presentations and quizzes as well as online tests. Our participants will work in groups and/or individually based on the nature of the assignment. Thus, with the practical approach, participants will have an experience when it comes to applying these tools in their own classroom.
In addition to this, the in-presence training is a great opportunity to learn from practitioners and understand what are best practices in vocational education and how to teach students to bake from a distance. Also you will be part of the education nation in the heart of Estonian education and ICT developments – Tartu city.
The course is open for teachers, trainers and adult educators or adult training institutions.
Suggested computer proficiency: intermediate
16.-20. May, 2022
More Information and registration: email@example.com
Online training topics:
security and safety in digital learning environments
digital hygiene and footprint
In-presence training topics and activities:
Day 1 – Course introduction & setting goals
- Introduction to the course, the school, and the external week activities;
- Icebreaker activities using drama for trust and ensemble building;
- Introduction of the course teachers and introductions of the participants.
- Setting goals
- Identification of needs and goals for each participant;
- Presentations of the participants’ schools.
- Presentation of Education Nation, Estonian e-learning environment and visit to Educational Research Institute (or similar).Day 2- A view of Student-Centered teaching
- The student- centered teaching and learning;
- The collaborative teaching and learning: how the teacher can communicate with the students and share with them educational content.Day 3- Make the most of presentations and quizzes
- Interesting and engaging presentations
- Learning with effective tools like quizzes;
- How to include students involvement tools into a lesson plan and using them as support for the students learning;Day 4 – Managing a Virtual Classroom
- Tools for virtual classroom
- Planning lesson in virtual classroom
- Managing the virtual classroom during the lessonDay 5- Assessment and Evaluation
- Course evaluation: round up of acquired competences, feedback, and discussion;
- Awarding of the course Certificate of Attendance;
- Excursion and other external cultural activities.
- follow digital and cyber security principles in online teaching and learning;
- effectively integrate ICT into teaching to put students at the heart of the teaching;
- support collaboration and dialogue among students with community tools.
- use platforms to share materials and gather resources;
- use ICT tools to create learning activities, tests, quizzes and presentations;
- design online lesson.
The online training volume is in total 16 academic hours. Participants will get access to the online learning materials for 30 days.
In-presence training lasts 5 days in total 30 academic hours of training activities.
The cost of the training is in total 400 EUR per person. This amount can be fully covered by Erasmus+ grant provided by the National Agency. The course fee includes tuition, study-materials, coffee-breaks.
In addition we can organize and provide meals, accommodation and cultural programmes.
For more information, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Diana Eller is a business administration teacher, specialized in marketing subjects in Tartu VOCO. She is also mentor for students and future teachers, adult trainer and active participant in many international cooperation projects.